Your Guide to Invisalign®
Invisalign is a discreet alternative to traditional braces that can straighten your teeth and align your smile. Being made of translucent BPA-free plastic, Invisalign aligners are barely noticeable and less irritable than metal-based orthodontics. This makes it an ideal choice for adults who wish to maintain a professional look and for teens who may be self-conscious about the look of metal braces.
Who is Invisalign For?
Invisalign is most commonly used by adults and teens who want to straighten their smiles. Depending on the severity, Invisalign can often work to correct other mild or moderate issues such as:
- crooked teeth
- crowded teeth
- gaps between teeth
- overbites & underbites
- crossbite & open bite
How Do Invisalign Aligners Work?
The Invisalign system uses a series of clear, removable aligners that fit snugly over your teeth. Each aligner is slightly different from the last which enables them to gradually move your teeth until they reach the desired position. The entire process can take anywhere from three to eighteen months, depending on your particular case. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners don’t require regular visits to a dentist or orthodontist for adjustment—you simply switch out your aligners every two weeks until you’ve completed the treatment.
Invisalign vs Traditional braces
Invisalign has many benefits over traditional metal braces:
- Invisalign aligners are removable: this makes it easier to clean and floss your teeth. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about food getting stuck in your braces or having to avoid certain foods.
- Invisalign aligners are clear and virtually invisible: this makes it a great choice for those who want to maintain their professional
- Invisalign requires fewer office visits: since the aligners are pre-made and removable, you don’t have to visit a dentist or orthodontist as often.
- Invisalign aligners are comfortable: since the plastic is smooth and free of metal, there’s less risk of irritation to your gums and mouth.
- Invisalign is often faster than traditional braces: the process usually takes anywhere from three to eighteen months, compared with two to three years for traditional metal braces.
However, Invisalign isn’t suitable for all cases. For example, if your teeth are severely crooked or misaligned, traditional braces may be a better option. If you’re considering Invisalign for yourself or your teen, contact your dentist in Mission Viejo today to learn more about Invisalign and find out what it can do for you!
Contact Your Dentist in Mission Viejo Today!
© 2024 Dentist 4U