Learn more and request your appointment below!
More About Periodontics
Periodontics is the branch of dentistry specializing in areas of the mouth that surround and support the teeth. These areas include your gums, alveolar bone, cementum and your periodontal ligament.
Periodontists treat inflammatory diseases that affect gums and structures around your teeth. They identify and access signs – such as inflamed gums, bleeding, bad breath, receding gums, tooth sensitivity, abscesses and loose teeth – that could lead to periodontal diseases. If your gums are inflamed or tend to bleed quite easily, you may need to see our periodontist.
Types of Periodontal Diseases:
To learn more about our periodontist and how we can guide you on your path to oral health, please call our office to speak with our scheduling coordinator.
- People who smoke or chew tobacco
- Some systemic diseases, such as diabetes, can lower your body’s resistance to infection, making periodontal disease more severe.
- Many medications, such as steroids, some types of anti-epilepsy drugs, cancer therapy drugs, some calcium channel blockers, and oral contraceptives can affect the gums. In addition, medications that reduce your salivary flow can result in a chronically dry mouth, which can irritate your oral soft tissues. Let Dr. Nejati know about your medications and update your medical history at the dental office when any changes occur.
- Crowns and Bridges that no longer fit properly, crooked teeth or fillings that have become defective can contribute to plaque retention and increase your risk or developing periodontal disease.
- Pregnancy or use of oral contraceptives increases hormone levels that can cause gum tissue to be more sensitive to the toxins and enzymes produced by plaque and can accelerate growth of some bacteria. The gums are more likely to become red, tender and swollen, and bleed easily.
- Gums that bleed easily
- Red, swollen, or tender gums
- Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- Pus between the teeth when the gums are pressed
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste
- Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
- Any changes in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- Any change in the fit of partial dentures
We strive to...
Treat our patients the way we like to be treated
Educate ourselves by earning continuing education credits
Invest in the modern technology and supplies
Challenge ourselves and our team to be the best
Insurance & Billing
Attaining the smile you’ve always wanted is as important to you as it is to us, and helping you affordably achieve that smile is our main goal. Our qualified financial team will do everything to ensure that expense does not prevent you from receiving the quality care you need and desire. Please contact our friendly staff to learn more about Insurance & Billing.
Why Choose Our Practice
Kind & Hospitable
With professional dental services, a comfortable environment, and welcoming care, our team want to help you make those remarkable moments in your life shine brighter with your smile.
Flexible Financing Options
Our qualified financial team will do all it can to make sure that expense does not prevent you from receiving the quality care you need and desire. We have developed different financial options to help you facilitate your goals.
We serve the great people of Mission Viejo and Orange County. We look forward to providing you with the professional, progressive dental care and customer service our patients have come to expect.
Our Satisfied Patients
We are so thankful to have such amazing patients who have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, and other online sources.
"Dr. Alvarez and her staff were very professional. They made my appointment super easy and convenient..."
Review on Google
"Hands down the best dental experience! as soon as I walked in the office I felt at home, they greet you with a smile and a great attitude."
Review on Google
"Today I had an appointment with Dr. Alvarez and I must say it was a wonderful painless experience. Dr and staff did an amazing job explaining all my needs and answered all my questions asked..."
Review on Google
Contact our Friendly Staff Today!
© 2022 Dentist 4U
Built with Connect the Doc